At first glance, the GAF Lifetime Roofing System looks like a regular roof. But underneath, it is a roofing system that’s designed to protect your home from the elements, covered by some of the best roofing warranties available. In today’s post, local roofing company JAM Roofing shares an under-the-hood look at the components of the GAF Lifetime Roofing System.
1. Leak Barrier — The roof edge is vulnerable to leaks caused by wind-driven rain and ice dams: it is the first thing that gets hit by high winds and updrafts, and is the part of the roof where ice dams tend to form during winter season. GAF has designed a leak barrier that protects and reinforces these areas. Leak barriers are also installed on breaks on the roofing plane, which complements roof flashing.
2. Roof Deck Protection — GAF takes what is commonly known as underlayment or felts, and adds features like breathability and water resistance to make sure your dry roof deck is dry, even under extended periods of rainfall. Options such as the fiberglass-reinforced Shingle?Mate® and fire-resistant VersaShield® are available. GAF’s roof deck protection products are designed to work with leak barriers in protecting the roof from water infiltration.
3. Starter Strip Shingles — The starter strip is the first row of shingles installed at the roof’s edge, and therefore needs to be reinforced to withstand wind damage and moisture infiltration. GAF has designed starter strips that are made as a single roll of material that spans the roof edge. When installed by a GAF Master Elite® roofing contractor like us, you can be sure that the starter strip will match the rest of the roof.
4. Lifetime Shingles — The GAF Lifetime Roofing System features a wide selection of asphalt shingle options, from standard three-tab shingles to Timberline® and Designer premium asphalt shingles.
5. Cobra® Attic Ventilation — Sloped roofs require ventilation to prevent damage caused by trapped heat and humidity. The GAF Lifetime Roofing System features ridge attic ventilation systems that protect the attic from moisture infiltration while efficiently venting out heat and moisture. GAF has designed Cobra attic ventilation systems for various roofing configurations.
JAM Roofing is your leading provider of GAF products. Give us a call at (541) 773-7663. You can also fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment. We serve customers in Grants Pass and Medford, OR, as well as surrounding communities in Oregon.